• Breaking News

    Monday, April 17, 2017

    Heart touching Sarangi Music

    Speaking about the recent success and his love for the violin, he says, “It was a great experience. Most of the participants were from North India and played instruments such as shehnai and sarangi. In the final round, we had to perform for 15 minutes. I played ‘Maamava Karunaya’ in Shanmukhapriya.” Aravind comes from a musical background. He is the nephew of mridangam exponent Kadanad VK Gopi. His father Kadanad VK Haridas is a well-known Carnatic violinist, vocalist and lecturer at Swathi Thirunal College of Music in Thiruvananthapuram. “I took to the violin at the age of five. My father was my first guru. In 2008, I got Government of India’s Centre for Cultural Resources and Training scholarship. Since then I have been learning from V. Sasikumar, violinist and former All India Radio artiste,” he says. - See more at: http://www.lightnepalvdo.com/videos/heart-touching-sarangi-music/#sthash.nMRnDLlY.dpuf

    No comments:

    Post a Comment